- Dimension6 launches
- Galactic Chat – 2014 season off and running
- Short story sale – Robot and Raygun
- 2014 Ditmar Eligibility Post Roundup
- Ditmar eligibility 2014
- 2013 Australian Women Writers’ challenge – wrap up
- Very poorly updated blog
- Very short flash fiction piece
- Have you been keeping up with Galactic Chat?
- Supporting the Kaleidoscope Pozible campaign
- GenreCon 2013 – a running post
- So, anyone else going to GenreCon this weekend?
- The Regersek Zone
- Galactic Chat Interview – Jason Nahrung
- Galactic Chat interview – Keith Stevenson
- Have you been keeping up with Galactic Chat?
- Galactic Chat update
- All quiet on the eastern front
- Aurealis Awards 2013
- The Regersek Zone to be published on Antipodean SF
- Conflux 9 – and that’s what it is all about
- Feedburner – hopefully working again
- Conflux 9 – the workshops
- Bitter Seeds review – now at a podcast near you
- So… many… award… lists…
- NSW Speculative Fiction Festival 2013
- Australian Women Writer’s challenge Jan-Feb speculative fiction roundup – link
- Round up of Ditmar posts
- Ditmars, Galactic Suburbia award and the Stella Prize
- GenreCon 2013 – now taking registrations
- Make Mine a Macchiato on the Beam Me Up radio show
- Australian Women Writers’ challenge 2013
- A Flash in the Pan? now available through Smashwords
- GenreCon 2012 – Sydney (2nd – 4th November 2012)
- The Devil Wears… narrated on the Beam Me Up radio show/podcast
- The Devil Wears… available on Antipodean SF podcast
- In the Service of the Public now available on the Beam Me Up radio show/podcast
- GenreCon attendance
- Ditmar eligibility
- The Gloriously Cunning Plan on the Beam Me Up radio show/podcast
- The Devil Wears Shapeless Ugly Garments Covered in Dog Hair released
- Striking Twice on Beam Me Up radio show/podcast
- Flash Fiction Appearing on Beam Me Up Podcast/Radio Show
- The Devil Wears Shapeless Ugly Garments Covered in Dog Hair accepted for publication
- Story narrated on Beam Me Up podcast/radio
- In the Service of the Public – now available
- Antipodean SF Radio Show – Episode 168
- Continuum 8 – Wrap Up
- Continuum 8 – Day 4 (Monday)
- Continuum 8 – Day 3 (Sunday)
- Ditmar and Chronos Awards
- Continuum 8 – Day 2 (Saturday)
- Continuum 8 – Day 1 (Friday)
- Attending Continuum 8
- Issue 168 of Antipodean SF – including one of my stories!
- Congratulations Lynda R Young
- In the Service of the Public accepted for publication
- Australian Women Writers 2012 Reading Challenge – mission accomplished?
- Aurealis Awards 2012 – a wrap up
- Ditmar voting – go on you know you want to
- Narration news – Antipodean SF 167 alpha
- Antipodean SF – Issue 167
- Antipodean SF Radio Show – Episode 166 Beta
- The Writer and the Critic episode 18
- ePub version of Antipodean SF
- Make Mine a Macchiato – AntiSF podcast
- Striking Twice accepted for publication
- Make Mine a Macchiato and Beware Antipodean Shores – now published
- Antipodean SF Radio Show – 165 alpha
- Published article – Has Your Reading Circle Shrunk?
- The Gloriously Cunning Plan – now published
- Article news – NSW Writer’s Centre 366 Days of Writing blog
- Narration news – The Gift by Mick Dawson
- More narration – Everything Old is New Again by Nicole Rendall
- First story hits the airwaves
- Make Mine a Macchiato accepted for publication
- The Gloriously Cunning Plan accepted for publication
- First publication available!
- Australian Women Writers 2012 National Year of Reading Challenge
- Speculative Fiction Festival wrap up
- Good head for radio
- Speculative Fiction Festival – 5 November 2011
- First acceptance for publication!
- Writing Imaginary Worlds workshop
After a bit of a hiatus over the summer break, the Galactic Chat podcast is off and running again for 2014.
Well, good news in the Webb household as I celebrate my first short story sale for actual money. Wefting the Warp is a 4,300 word science fiction story and has been bought by Robot and Raygun, a new UK based online and print magazine. From their blurb:
Last year I produced a roundup of all the Ditmar eligibility posts I could find. The Ditmar awards are the Australian national awards for speculative fiction that are voted on by members of the speculative fiction community. The awards are usually attached to the National Convention, which is being held this year in Melbourne at Continuum X.
The Ditmar awards are the Australian national awards for speculative fiction that are voted on by members of the speculative fiction community. The awards are usually attached to the National Convention, which is being held this year in Melbourne at Continuum X.
Well, another year another Australian Women Writers’ challenge.
Hi all and happy new year.
This blog has been very quiet of late. In the last 2 months I’ve changed jobs and taken the family off on holiday for a few weeks, and I’m afraid that has left very little time for blogging.
Hi all. Antipodean SF has been kind enough to publish another one of my flash fiction pieces. This one is a very short piece called Hindsight is a Bitch and it comes in at around 100 words (I said short, didn’t I?).
Sean Wright has been interviewing up a storm lately on Galactic Chat, a podcast that I (too) occasionally help out with.
Over the last couple of years, I’ve quite enjoyed a lot of the work coming out of the Australian small press publisher Twelfth Planet Press. TPP have published some genuinely interesting books and taken some risks while investigating innovative forms of modern reading (for example, their Twelve Planets series).
So, I’ll be keeping a running post of my experiences at GenreCon this weekend, just adding bits as the muse takes me (and time permits).
I’m heading up to sunny Brisbane this weekend to GenreCon. “What is GenreCon?” I hear you ask. And I quote from their website: