As you can see from my “Mission Accomplished?” post from earlier in the year, I was able to meet the challenge goal of reading and reviewing at least 10 books by Australian women writers. I stuck to the speculative fiction genre. That’s how I roll.
I enjoyed the challenge so much, I’ve decided to give it a go again in 2013. The AWWC website has been revamped and the subscription process much fancier as a result. Inspired by this sophisticated example of web-based renewal I have decided to stretch myself and undertake exactly the same challenge as 2012.
You heard me. Exactly. The. Same.
So I’ll be undertaking the Franklin challenge (read 10 books, review at least 6) and all those books will be in the speculative fiction field. Some may call me stale and unable to embrace change. I view myself as a man on a quest for perfection, willing to put in the hard yards to refine my reviewing art to its most pure and potent form.
If you are inspired by my willingness to scale new heights of reviewing goodness, you should head over to the AWWC 2013 sign up page and join me in another year of spreading the word about some of the great writing by Australian women authors.
My current intended reading list (and status):
- Perfections by Kirstyn McDermott – complete: review here
- A Trifle Dead by Livia Day – complete: review here
- Bluegrass Symphony by Lisa L. Hannett
- The Ambassador’s Mission by Trudi Canavan
- Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
- Suited by Jo Anderton – complete: review here
- Dark Space by Marianne de Pierres – complete: review here
- Winter Be My Shield by Jo Spurrier
- The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina – complete: review here
- Black Glass by Meg Mundell – complete: review here
- The Accidental Sorcerer by K. E. Mills – complete: review here
- Asymmetry by Thoraiya Dyer – complete: review here
- New Ceres Nights edited by Alisa Krasnostein and Tehani Wessely - complete: review here
- Caution: Contains Small Parts by Kirstyn McDermott
- Any of the other Twelve Planets series released in 2013